Lieutenant Colonel George Alexander Walter Lamond (Royal Engineers) dies of illness on service in Ceylon at age 39 contracted on in Mesopotamia. He was a Scottish rugby union player for Kelvinside Academicals who capped for Scotland twice in 1899 and once in 1905.
Today’s losses include:
- A Scottish Rugby International and Union player of Kelvinside Academicals
- The son of a Justice of the Peace
- A man whose brother was killed in November 1916
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Ian MacKay Dempster (Royal Flying Corps) is killed in action at age 20. He is the son of the late James Pratt Dempster JP.
- Private Arthur Percy Bridges (Bermuda Volunteer Rifles) dies of wounds in Bermuda at age 25. His brother was killed in November 1916.