Saturday 12 December 1914 – We Lost 103
Today’s losses include:
- Two sons of Justices of the Peace
- The son of a High Sheriff
- A grandson of a Member of Parliament
- A member of the Essex County Constabulary
- The son of a member of the clergy
Those losses are:
- Captain Miles Radcliffe (Border Regiment) is killed by a sniper at age 31. He is the son of Henry Miles Radcliffe JP, High Sheriff for Westmorland and grandson of John Platt MP for Oldham and he served in the South African War.
- Lieutenant Hugh Peter Hartnoll (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed at age 20. He is the son of ‘Sir’ Henry Sullivan Hartnoll Kt.
- Sergeant William Arthur Goodrick (Royal West Kent Regiment) is killed at age 28. He is a member of the Essex County Constabulary.
- Rifleman Richard Vincent Bevan(London Rifle Brigade) dies of wounds received two days prior at Bailleul. The 21-year old former scholar at St Paul’s school and medical student is the son of Dr. Richard Bevan of Charing Cross Hospital.
- Private Alan Drysdale Paull (Honourable Artillery Company) is killed at age 20. He is the son of Alan Paul JP and Catherine Swan Paul MBE.
- Private A M Stirling (Highland Light Infantry) dies of wounds at age 19. He is the son of the Reverend T W Stirling.