Thursday 8 April 1915 – We Lost 87
Seventh Royal Flying Corps arrives in France with RE5s and Vickers FB5s.
Today’s losses include:
- The son of the proprietor of the Manchester Evening News
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties are
- Captain John Edric Russell Allen (Lancers) dies of wounds received 8th March at age 27. He is the son of the proprietor of the Manchester Evening News.
- Captain Archibald Henry Douglass (East Surrey Regiment) dies at home at age 30. He is the son of the Reverend Henry Charles Douglass.
- Private Alexander Russell (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders) a holder of the Delhi Dunbar Medal is killed at age 31. His brother will be killed in September of this year.
- Private Robert Charles Green (Hertfordshire Regiment) is killed at age 17. His brother will be killed in July 1916.