Tuesday 1 June 1915 – We Lost 271
Today’s losses include:
- A man whose brother will be killed later in the war
- A man who has two brothers will be killed later in the war
- Sons of multiple members of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Lieutenant Ian Knox Hamilton (Royal Warwickshire Regiment) is killed in action at age 20. He is the son of the Reverend Edward L Hamilton.
- Trooper Lindesay Filmer Hughes (Wellington Mounted Rifles) is killed in action on Gallipoli at age 19. He is the son of the Reverend John Lewis Hughes Rector of Woolhampton.
- Private John Blackmore Huxtable (Auckland Regiment) dies on service in Cairo at age 39. His two brothers will be killed later in the war.
- Private Robert H Middleton (Gordon Highlanders) is killed at age 22. His brother will be killed in April 1917.