Friday 25 June 1915 – We Lost 163
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a Baronet who will later be made a Baron
- Two families that will lose another son in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Lieutenant Colonel Thomas McCulloch (Royal Army Medical Corps) dies at home. He is a Knight of Grace of the Order of St John of Jerusalem in England.
- Lieutenant Philip Malcolm Kerwood (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed. His brother will be killed in October 1916.
- Second Lieutenant William Strang MacLay (Cameronians) dies of wounds on Gallipoli. His brother will be killed in April 1918 and they are the sons of ‘Sir’ Joseph Paton MacLay 1st Baronet later the 1st The Baronet will give a house to Glasgow University as a residence for students after the war named MacLay House in their memory.