Thursday 8 July 1915 – We Lost 193
British repulse a German attack south-west of Pilkem.
Today’s losses include:
- A member of the Stockport Tennis Club
- A member of the National League of Young Liberals
- Multiple men who will have a brother killed later in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Private Thomas Fisher (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders) dies of wounds received in action at age 25. His younger brother will be killed in November 1917 at age 19.
- Private Arthur Chester Yates (Manchester Regiment) dies of wounds at Malta received on Gallipoli at age 25. He is a politically active member of the National League of Young Liberals and the Stockport Tennis Club and his brother will be killed on Gallipoli in less than one month.