Friday 16 July 1915 – We Lost 158
Today’s losses include:
- Two men who will have brothers killed later in the war
- A man whose cousin will be killed later in the war
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Lieutenant Anthony Edward King Slingsby (Duke of Wellington’s Regiment) is killed at age 26. His brother will be killed next March.
- Corporal Frank Godson (Sherwood Foresters) is killed at age 28. His brother will be killed in October 1918.
- Private George David Want (Cheshire Regiment) dies at home at age 21 from accidental rifle discharge wounds. His cousin will be killed in August 1917.