Sunday 18 July 1915 – We Lost 175
The formation of the Fourth Grenadier Guards and Second Irish Guards officially takes place.
Today’s losses include:
- A man who earned 4 England Rugby caps
- A player for the Leicester Tigers
- A man who is the son of a member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Lieutenant Francis Nathaniel Tarr (Leicestershire Regiment) is killed by shell fire at age 27. He earned 4 Rugby caps playing for England from 1909 to 1913 and played for the Leicester Tigers.
- Second Lieutenant John Callender Bourne (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed by enemy machine gun fire on Gallipoli while attempting to extinguish a scrub fire. He is the son of Reverend Joseph Handforth Bourne.