Friday 23 July 1915 – We Lost 225
Today’s losses include:
- The great uncle of actor Alan Marshall
- A First Class cricketer
- A son of the member of the clergy
- Multiple men who will have a brother also killed in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Lieutenant Kenneth Rowley Forde (East Kent Regiment) is killed in action at age 28. He is the son of Canon Forde, LLD Rector of Tamlaghtfinlagan Londonderry.
- Private Isaac Hall (Leicestershire Regiment) is killed at age 18. His brother was killed in March.
- Private Alan Marshal (Australian Infantry) dies of enteric fever on Malta at age 32. He was a first class cricket player for Queensland and Surrey. He was the great uncle of the actor Alan Marshal.
- Rifleman Arthur John Stilton (Rifle Brigade) is killed at age 32. His brother will die of wounds in February 1918.
- Private George Thomas Andrews (Leicestershire Regiment) is killed at age 20. His brother was killed in November 1914.