Friday 20 August 1915 – We Lost 278
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a Justice of the Peace
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A man who will have two brothers also killed in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Second Lieutenant David Boyd Galbraith (Highland Light Infantry) is killed in action at age 21. His older brother had been killed five weeks earlier and both are sons of W B Galbrait JP. A third son will be killed in August 1918.
- Private Nathaniel George Read Amies (East Kent Regiment) is killed in action at age 30. He is the son of the Reverend Nathaniel Jones Miller Staurt Amies Vicar of Brents.