Tuesday 31 August 1915 – We Lost 243
Today’s losses include:
- A Victoria winner
- The only child of a Member of Parliament
- A man whose brother will be killed in October 1917
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Captain John Aidan Liddell VC (Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders attached Royal Flying Corps) dies of wounds received in action on 31st July 1915 at age 27. He has just been awarded the Victoria Cross for his actions performed that day.
- Lieutenant Edmund Spencer Turton (Yorkshire Hussars Yeomanry) is killed at age 26. He is the only child of Edmund Russborough Turton MP.
- Private Arthur Frederick Huckstep (East Kent Regiment) is killed at age 17. His brother will be killed in October 1917.