Friday 10 September 1915 – We Lost 185
The 1/7th Royal Scots move to Eski Line. They also receive a draft of new men, No. 1 Company are all men left behind owing to injury or shock from the railway accident at Gretna Green.
Today’s losses include:
- The grandson of the 5th Earl of Darnley
- The grandson of a member of the clergy
- A man whose brother will be killed in December 1917
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Captain Francis Molyneux Yorke Nepean (Somerset Light Infantry) is killed at age 47. He is the grandson of the Reverend Canon Evan Nepean.
- Lieutenant Edward Henry Swinburne Bligh (Drake Battalion, Royal Naval Division Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve) dies of wounds at age 31. He is the son of the Reverend Honorable Canon Henry Bligh and grandson of Edward Bligh 5th Earl of Darnley.
Private John Ernest Barsby (Leicestershire Regiment) is killed in action at age 20. His brother will be killed in December 1917.