Tuesday 14 September 1915 – We Lost 189
Submarines E2 and E11 end their one month’s service in the Sea of Marmora.
Today’s losses include:
- A member of the Marylebone & Leicestershire Cricket Clubs
- An Assistant Master at Rugby and astronomer
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A man who will have two brothers killed in the service of King and Country
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Captain Harold Wright (North Lancashire Regiment) dies of wounds at home at age 31. He is a member of the Marylebone and Leicestershire Cricket Clubs.
- Second Lieutenant Hugh Stanley Wilson (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed in action at age 30. He is the Assistant Master at Rugby and astronomer the son of the Reverend Canon James Wilson the Vice Dean of Worcester. One brother will be killed in May 1916 while a second will be killed in the Second World War.
- Second Lieutenant Raymond Lodge (South Lancashire Regiment) is killed at age 25. He is the son of ‘Sir’ Oliver and Lady Lodge.