Friday 17 September 1915 – We Lost 199
Today’s losses include:
- Two sons of members of the clergy
- One son of a family that will lose four sons in the Great War
- Multiple men who will lose a brother in the Great War
- A man whose cousin was killed last month
Today’s highlighted casualties are:
- Captain Rupert Noel Richardson (Australian Light Horse) dies of head wounds received on Gallipoli. His brother a Royal Flying Corps ace will be killed in April 1917.
- Lieutenant Henry Francis Bingham Stevens (Royal West Kent Regiment) is killed at age 25. He is the son of the Reverend Canon Bingham Stevens.
- Second Lieutenant Evelyn Godfrey Worsley (Grenadier Guards) is killed in action at age 31. His younger brother will be killed as a member of the same battalion of the same Regiment in just over two years.
- Second Lieutenant Alexander Frank Buskin (Australian Light Horse) is killed on Gallipoli at age 26. His brother will be killed in November 1917.
- Sergeant Wynn Ware (Royal Irish Fusiliers) is killed in action on Gallipoli at age 29. He is one of four brothers all of who will die in the Great War.
- Private George Jesse Bosher (Berkshire Regiment) is killed. His brother will die on service in March 1919.
- Private Evan Richard Parry (Welsh Fusiliers) dies of wounds on Gallipoli at age 25. His brother will die of wounds in Palestine in 1917.
- Private William Arden Egerton Arnold (Australian Light Horse Field Ambulance) dies of wounds at sea off Gallipoli received two days earlier at age 19. He is the son of the Reverend Joseph William Arnold Vicar of Panmure, Victoria. His cousin Sergeant John Leslie Connor was killed last month.