Monday 4 October 1915 – We Lost 400
Today’s losses include:
- Multiple men that will lose cousins and brothers
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Aylmer Geoffrey Stacey (Royal Marine Light Infantry, HMS Minerva) dies of illness in Egypt at age 29. His brother will be killed in April 1917.
- Lieutenant Herbert Ormesher (Lincolnshire Regiment) is killed at age 21. His cousin will be killed in two months.
- Second Lieutenant Leonard Henry Dardier (Royal Field Artillery) is killed at age 22. He served while a medical student in the 1st Bulgarian Unit of the Bulgarian Red Cross in the Balkan War of 1913 and was awarded the Bulgarian Medal in Bronze with Crown.
- Sergeant Charles Vernon (Liverpool Regiment) is killed at age 25. His brother will be killed next August.
- Lance Corporal Joshua Jackson (Cheshire Regiment) is killed at age 21. He is the first of three brothers who will lose their lives in the war.
- Private Frederick Binks (Northumberland Fusiliers) is killed. He is the first of three brothers who will lose their lives in the Great War.