Sunday 10 October 1915 – We Lost 233
Today’s losses include:
- Two sons of members of the clergy
- A man whose brother will be killed next year
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Herbert de Carteret Atkins (Durham Light Infantry) dies of wounds at age 23. He is the son of the Reverend Gerard Sanders Atkins.
- Second Lieutenant Herbert Gloyne Forster Forster-Morris (South Wales Borderers) dies of wounds received in action on 26th September at age 19. He is the only son of the Reverend Herbert Foster-Morris Rector of South Hill.
- Rifleman Ernest George Murrell (Rifle Brigade) dies of wounds at age 26. His brother will be killed next June.