Wednesday 27 October 1915 – We Lost 182
The Royal Scots occupy a new firing line in Main Street on Gallipoli.
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Families that will lose two and three sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Andrew Christison Mitchell Muir (King’s Own Scottish Borderers) is killed in action on Gallipoli at age 19. He is the son of the Reverend Walter Muir.
- Sergeant Thomas Wyndham Trussler (Gloucestershire Regiment) dies of wounds at age 21. His brothers will be killed in March and April 1917.
- Private John Carmichael (Cameron Highlanders) is killed. His brother will be killed in September 1918.