Friday 29 October 1915 – We Lost 211
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a Jurist
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Families that will lose two and three sons
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Alan La Touche Baillie (Cameronians) is killed in action at age 21. He is the youngest of three sons of the late ‘Sir’ Duncan Baillie who will be killed.
- Second Lieutenant Eric Henry Scott-Smith (Royal Engineers) is killed in action at age 20 in Greece. He is the son of the Honorable Mr. Justice H Scott-Smith and was educated at Clifton College.
- Private Thomas Sherwood Crompton (Border Regiment) is killed at age 29. His brother will be killed next July and they are sons of the Reverend William Henry Crompton Vicar of Shap.