Tuesday 2 November 1915 – We Lost 149
Mr. Asquith declares Serbian independence to be an essential object of the Great War.
Today’s losses include:
- A Member of Parliament
- The son of the 1st Baron Waleran PC
- The son of an Admiral
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A man whose brother will also lose his life in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Commander Henry Raymond Clifton-Mogg (HMS Milne) dies at home. He is the son of W Clifton-Mogg.
- Lieutenant ‘the Honorable’ William Lionel Charles Walrond (Army Service Corps) dies of consumption of the throat at home contracted on service at age 38. He is the son of the Right Honorable William Hood Walrond 1st Baron Waleran PC. He is the former secretary to the First Lord of the Treasury and Member of Parliament for Tiverton.
- Lieutenant John Spread Hamilton Beamish (King’s Shropshire Light Infantry) dies at age 38. He is the son of Admiral H H Beamish.
- Second Lieutenant Henry Robert Theodore Hackett (Dublin Fusiliers) is killed in action at age 19. He is the son of the Reverend Henry Monck Mason Hacakett DD Vicar of St Peter’s Belsize Park London.
- Trooper John Joyce Postlethwaite (Australian Light Horse) dies at age 22. His brother will die on service in January 1918.