Tuesday 9 November 1915 – We Lost 213
Today’s losses include:
- Grandson of a Major General
- The son of a Justice of the Peace
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain James Fairburn Fairley (11th General Hospital, Royal Army Medical Corps) dies at age 28. He is a cerebral surgeon.
- Second Lieutenant and machine gun officer Edward Archibald Crofton McLaughlin (Seaforth Highlanders) is killed at age 20 at Hill 60, Ypres when a shell explodes on a gun emplacement. His brother will be killed in October 1916 and they are sons of Vivan Guy Ouseley McLaughlin JP and grandsons of Major General Edward McLaughlin.
- Gunner Roy Douglas Keane Cheverton (Australian Field Artillery Ammunition Column) dies at in England age 26. His brother will be killed August 1918.
- Private George Pratt (Cambridgeshire Regiment) dies at home of diphtheria at age 16. His brother will be killed in April 1918.