Thursday 18 November 1915 – We Lost 192
Today’s losses include:
- The son of an Alderman
- An early Boy Scout member
- A man whose brother was killed in 1914
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Stanley Smith (King’s Own Yorkshire Light Infantry) is killed at age 22. He is the son of Alderman George Smith.
- Regimental Sergeant Major F S Warr (York and Lancaster Regiment) is killed in action at Gallipoli. He is an early member of the Boy Scout movement and one of Edmund Priestman’s scouts and mentioned in the book published of Priestman’s letters from Gallipoli. Priestman will be killed tomorrow.
- Private Joseph Frain (Lancashire Fusiliers) died on service at age 24. His brother was killed in October 1914.