Friday 10 December 1915 – We Lost 223
Today’s losses include:
- A man whose brother will be shot down and killed by the Red Baron in 1917
- A man who was married in October 1914 by a clergyman whose son will be killed in 1917
- The son of a member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lance Corporal Benjamin Langton (Yorkshire Regiment) dies of blood poisoning from frost bite at age 29. He was married in October 1914 by the Reverend Samuel McKinnon whose son will be killed in 1917.
- Private Robin Everingham (Welsh Horse Yeomanry) is killed on Gallipoli. His brother will be killed by Baron von Richtotfen in April 1917.
- Private John Theodore Cameron Margetts (West Yorkshrie Regiment) is killed at age 23. He is the son of the Reverend William John Margetts Vicar of Beckford.