Monday 13 December 1915 – We Lost 217
Today’s losses include:
- A Baronet
- A son of the member of the clergy
- A family that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major ‘Sir’ William Jardine (King’s Own Scottish Borderers) dies at home on active service. He is the 9th Baronet and grandson of the Scottish naturalist of the same name.
- Captain Leonard Francis Cass (Wiltshire Regiment) is killed in action. He is the son of the Reverend William Anthony Cass Vicar of Burford.
- Private William Garside (Northamptonshire Regiment) dies of pneumonia. His brother was killed last May.