Tuesday 21 December 1915 – We Lost 282
General ‘Sir’ William Robertson is appointed Chief of the Imperial General Staff.
Today’s losses include:
- The 1912 Rhodes Scholar from Jamaica
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Kenneth William Calder (Royal Field Artillery) dies of wounds received in action on Gallipoli at age 23. He is a 1912 Rhodes Scholar from Jamaica.
- Private John Hewitt (Suffolk Regiment) is killed at age 24. His brother will be killed in November 1917.
- Private William Henry Matthews (Gloucestershire Regiment) dies of wounds at age 21. His brother will be killed in June 1917.