Sunday 13 February 1916 – We Lost 246
Today’s losses include:
- A son of the 5th Marquis of Bath
- The son of a Justice of the Peace
- Multiple families that will lose two sons
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major William McCall Johnstone (Royal Field Artillery) is killed at age 24. His brother will be killed in March 1918.
- Second Lieutenant Peter Langton May (Scots Greys) is killed in a mine explosion at the Quarries Hulloch at age 39. He is the son of Peter Wilson May JP.
- Second Lieutenant John Alexander Thynne (Scots Greys) Viscount Weymouth is killed at age 20. He is the son of ‘Sir’ Thomas Henry Thynne, the 5th Marquis and Marchioness of Bath.
- Private William C Pettman (Highland Light Infantry) is killed in action at age 22. His brother will be killed in October 1917.