Saturday 19 February 1916 – We Lost 188
Today’s losses include:
- The father of two sons who will also lose their lives in the Great War
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Families that will lose two and three sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- The husband of Mrs. Eleanor Mary Clayton Sykes-Banks, Major William Sykes-Banks (Dorsetshire Regiment attached Headquarters Dieppe) dies of illness. Her two sons will also lose their lives before the end of the Great War.
- Lieutenant Charles Hugh Pearson (South Staffordshire Regiment) is killed at age 34. He is the son of the Reverend Charles William Pearson Vicar of Ocker Hill.
- Lieutenant Victor Charles Moore Mayne (South Wales Borderers) is killed at age 20. His brother was killed last May.
- Corporal Samuel Gribben (Highland Light Infantry) dies of wounds at home. His brother will die of wounds in June of this year.
- Private Thomas Ogden (Manchester Regiment) dies of wounds received in action at age 32. His two brothers will also be killed in the Great War.