Saturday 4 March 1916 – We Lost 211
H M Trawler Flicker (Skipper George West) is mined off Dover. Her crew of fourteen including her commander is lost.
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a General
- A family that will lose two sons
- A family that will lose three sons
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Colonel Francis Edward Lloyd Daniell DSO (General Staff, 21st Division and Seaforth Highlanders) dies of wounds received in action at age 41. He is the son of Major General F F Daniell.
- Second Lieutenant Eric Alfred Montesole (Sussex Regiment) is killed at age 28. His brother was killed in May 1915.
- Private George Farnell (South Staffordshire Regiment) dies of wounds. He is the middle of three brothers who are killed in the Great War.