Friday 10 March 1916 – We Lost 220
Today’s losses include:
- A family that will lose five sons in the Great War
- Two families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- The grandson of a member of the clergy
- A battalion commander
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Colonel Lawrence Oliphant Graeme CMG (commanding 1st Cameron Highlanders) is killed at age 43. He is a veteran of the South African War.
- Lieutenant Gerald Howard Eardley-Wilmot (Devonshire Regiment) dies of wounds at age 25. He is the grandson of the Reverend Edward Revell Eardley-Wilmot.
- Regimental Sergeant Major Charles Harman (Royal Berkshire Regiment) is killed in action. He is the first of five brothers who will be killed in the next two and a half years.
- Private Bert Lowe (Suffolk Regiment) dies of injuries at age 23. His brother will be killed in June 1917.
- Private J R Kennedy (Inniskilling Fusiliers) is killed at age 18. His brother will be killed in October 1918.