Today’s losses include:
- The son of a General
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A man whose brother was killed in 1914
- A family that will lose three sons in the Great War
- A family that will lose five sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Edward Robert Cureton (King’s Own Scottish Borderers) is killed at age 50. He is the son of General E B Cureton.
- Lieutenant Arthur Penrose Selwyn (Lancers Indian Army attached Royal Flying Corps) dies at home as a result of an accident. He is son of the late Canon Edward Carus Selwyn and dies at age 26. His older brother has been killed in action one year and one day prior his younger half brother will die of pneumonia in October 1918.
- Sapper James Buchan Cranston (Royal Engineers) dies of wounds at home becoming the first of five brothers who will lose their lives in the Great War.
- Driver William Staley Hibbert (Royal Horse Artillery) is killed at age 25 in Mesopotamia. His brother was killed in October 1914.