Monday 29 May 1916 – We Lost 226
The War Office announces a new invasion of German East Africa from Rhodesia and Nyasaland.
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A man whose brother will be killed in the Great War
- A family that will lose three sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Yvo Lempriere Ellis (Hampshire Regiment) is killed at age 22. He is the son of the Reverend Henry Maitland Ellis Vicar of Hedge End who lost another son in June 1915.
- Private Arthur Jobson (Suffolk Regiment) is killed in action. He is one of three brothers who will lose their lives in the Great War.