Sunday 11 June 1916 – We Lost 302
The heavy German bombardment of Ypres continues.
Today’s losses include:
- An England Rugby International
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- A man whose twin brother will be killed next month
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major E W R Hadden (Oxford & Bucks Light Infantry) is killed at age 25. He is the son of the late Reverend R H Hadden.
- Lieutenant and Aide de Camp John Edward Raphael (King’s Royal Rifle Corps) is killed in action at age 35. He is a fine athlete, sportsman and double blue at Oxford and former Rugby International for England.
- Lieutenant Dacre William Moore (Machine Gun Corps) is killed in action at age 23. He is the son of the Reverend William Richard Moore the Bishop of Kilmore and is a divinity student at Trinity College, University of Dublin.
- Private Richard Gordon Crowley (Gloucestershire Regiment) dies of wounds at age 21. His twin brother will be killed next month.