Thursday 15 June 1916 – We Lost 224
Today’s losses include:
- A General
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- A man who will lose two brothers in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Brigadier General Hubert John Du Cane CB MVO (General Staff and Royal Artillery) dies on service at home at age 56. He is the son of Major General ‘Sir’ Edmund F Du Cane KCB.
- Lieutenant Charles Lambert Jones (Gloucestershire Regiment) is accidentally killed at age 19. His brother will be killed in September 1918.
- Private Frederick Benjamin Williams (Gloucestershire Regiment) is killed at age 31. His two brothers will also be killed in the Great War.
- Private Aubrey Thomas James (Alberta Regiment) is killed at age 23. His brother will be killed in September 1918.