Sunday 24 September 1916 – We Lost 599
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a Member of Parliament
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- The son of a member of the clergy
- The son of a Baronet
- A Clerk in Holy Orders
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major Maurice Gordon Soames (Royal Field Artillery) is killed in action at age 32. He is the son of Arthur Wellesley Soames, MP and his brother will be killed in January 1917.
- Lieutenant and Adjutant Maurice Leonard Pearce (Hampshire Regiment attached Sussex Regiment) is killed at age 23. He is the son of the Reverend Duncan Pearce Vicar of Lynchmere.
- Second Lieutenant Philip Ryland Pinsent (Royal Flying Corps) dies of wounds at age 18. His older brother has been killed one year ago and they are sons of Richard Alfred Pinsent 1st
- Lance Corporal Geoffrey Seldon Arnold-Wallinger (Inns of Court OTC) dies on service at age 27. He is a Clerk in Holy Orders.
- Private Frederick J Lush age 28 dies of wounds received in action three day previously the day his brother was killed serving in the same regiment, the 60th Canadian Infantry.
- Private Albert Baguley (Sherwood Foresters) is killed at age 22. His brother was killed in August 1915.