Today’s losses include:
- A Natal Government and Carnegie Scholarship winner
- Multiple families that will lose two and three sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Norman Carey Lucas (Royal Irish Rifles) dies of wounds received in action at Patrol Wood the last day of October in Greece at age 23. He was the winner of both the Natal Government and Carnegie Scholarships.
- Sergeant Ernest Albert Huxtable (Devonshire Regiment) is killed at age 28. His is the middle of three brothers who are killed in the Great War.
- Gunner Joseph Machin (Royal Garrison Artillery) is killed. His two brothers have already been killed.
- Private Rodger Pettitt (Middlesex Regiment) is killed at age 28. His brother will die at home next October.
- Private William Hext (Duke of Cornwall’s Light Infantry) is killed at age 22. His brother will die of wounds in May 1917.