Sunday 5 November 1916 – We Lost 1,106
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a member of the clergy
- Multiple families that will lose two and three sons in the Great War
- A 16-year old
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Edmund James Leith Warlow (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed at age 22. He is the son of the Venerable Edmund John Warlow.
- Lieutenant Ronald Douglas Leslie (Australian Infantry) dies of wounds at age 25. He has two brothers who also lose their lives in the Great War.
- Corporal George Henry Smith (Durham Light Infantry) is killed at age 26. His two brothers will also be killed in the Great War.
- Lance Corporal Wilfred Home Porter (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed at age 24. His brother was killed last February.
- Lance Corporal Harry Francis Bridges (Bermuda Volunteer Rifles attached Lincolnshire Regiment) is killed at age 25. His brother will die of wounds at home in February 1918.
- Private Albert Charles Baden Govers (Australian Infantry) is killed in action at Flers. After the war his mother states that he was 16 years old when he was killed.
- Private Sidney Wilce (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed at age 25. His brother will be killed in November next year.
- Private Archibald Leaman (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed at age 29. His brother will be next month.