Today’s losses include:
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- The son of a member of the clergy
- A man whose son will be killed next June
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Philip Algernon Tillard (Shropshire Yeomanry attached East Surrey Regiment) is killed in action. His brother will be killed next month serving in the Royal Flying Corps.
- Lieutenant Robert Lloyd Bruce (Cameronians) is killed. He is the son of the Reverend Robert Dougals Bruce.
- Sergeant John James Latta (Australian Infantry) dies of wounds received in action at age 27. His brother will die of wounds in April 1918.
- Corporal George Albert Clissold (Australian Infantry) is killed in action at age 43. His son will be killed in action in June 1917.
- Private John Benstead (Manitoba Regiment) is killed at age 23. His brother will be killed in April of next year.
- Private Stephen E Durham (75th Canadian Infantry) dies of wounds at age 30. His brother was killed in December 1914.