The tanker S S Conch (Edwin Stott) is sunk with a loss of 28 including her master when she is torpedoed 12 miles southwest from Anvil Point. Also lost is
- Second Officer Lothian Clark age 30 who is one of three brothers and a brother in law who will lose their lives in the merchant service in the Great War.
Today’s losses include:
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- A Worcester Constable
- A family that will lose three sons and a son-in-law
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Sergeant Samuel Herbert Goudie (Cameron Highlanders) dies of wounds at age 30 at Tumbitza Farm Macedonia. His brother will be killed in March 1918.
- Lance Corporal Perccival George Bicknell (Grenadier Guards) dies of wounds. He is a Constable for the Worcester Constabulary.
- Sapper Stanley Charles Knight (Royal Engineers) is killed in action at Salonika.
- Private Newton Simmons (Royal Sussex Regiment) dies of wounds at age 25. His older brother was killed last October.