Wednesday 13 December 1916 – We Lost 263
Today’s losses include:
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Ernest John Robinson Briggs-Gooderham (Irish Regiment attached Machine Gun Corps) is killed at age 22. He is the adopted son of the Reverend A Gooderham Vicar of Eglingham.
- Lieutenant John Denys Hugh Maddrell (Duke of Cornwall’s Light Infantry) is killed at age 20. He is the son of Canon Thomas Fisher Maddrell Vicar of Gulval.
- Lance Corporal Frederick George Coles (Worcestershire Regiment) dies of wounds at home at age 30. His brother will be killed next June.
- Private Seth Allcock (South Staffordshire Regiment) is killed in action at age 19. His brother was killed in October 1915.
- Private John Joseph Acres (Grenadier Guards) is killed less than two weeks after his brother died on service at home.