The destroyer HMS Landrail sinks the German submarine UB-29 near Bishop’s Rock.
Today’s losses include:
- A Rosslyn Park rugby footballer
- A military Chaplain
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Percival Corban-Lucas (Sussex Regiment attached Worcestershire Regiment) dies in Mesopotamia. He is a Rosslyn Park Rugby footballer.
- Chaplain the Reverend Reginald Hardwick Fulford is killed at age 34 in Mesopotamia.
- Second Lieutenant Bernard Vernon Gordon (Royal Flying Corps) is accidentally killed in Northumberland at age 18. His brother was killed last July.
- Private Nicholas Joseph Mann (Worcestershire Regiment) is killed in Mesopotamia at age 38. His brother was killed in August of this year.
- Shoeing Smith Albert Austin Johns (Hussars) is killed in Mesopotamia at age 20. His older brother was killed in May 1915.
- Private Albert Edwin Ginns (Northumberland Fusiliers) is killed at age 30. His older brother will be killed in October 1918.