Tuesday 19 December 1916 – We Lost 255
Today’s losses include:
- The sons of two Major Generals
- A man whose brother will be killed in October 1918
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Charles Ferdinand Reiss Hanbury-Williams (Oxford and Bucks Light Infantry) dies at home in England at age 26. He is the son of Major General ‘Sir’ John Hanbury-Williams GCVO KCB KCVO CB CMG of Henry III Tower, Windsor Castle.
- Second Lieutenant Charlton Willoughby Foord (Machine Gun Corps) dies of wounds at age 31. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Agents and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
- Second Lieutenant Patrick Stanley St Pierre Bunbury (Suffolk Regiment) is killed at age 37. He is the son of Major General ‘Sir’ Herbert Napier Bunbury who will lose another son in October 1918.