As the 52nd Division advance to occupy El Arish the Anzac Mounted Division, commanded by General Chauvel move to Magdhaba tonight.
The first two prototype Sopwith Camels are completed.
Today’s losses include:
- A holder of both the British and Italian Red Cross Medals
- Multiple sons of members of the clergy
- A man whose brother was killed in July of this year
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Colonel Percy Arnold Lloyd-Jones DSO (Royal Army Medical Corps) is killed in action at age 40. He earned the Italian Red Cross Medal for his services during the Messina earthquake of 1908 and the British Red Cross Medal for his service in the Balkan War of 1912-13.
- Second Lieutenant Sigmund Alexander Oscar Thorne (West Yorkshire Regiment) dies of injuries received in a motor cycle accident at home while home on sick leave. He is the son of the Reverend P L Thorne.
- Second Lieutenant George Weston Holme (Royal Field Artillery) is killed at age 22. He is the son of the Reverend George Frederick Holme Rector of Penshaw.
- Private Herbert Cockroft (West Yorkshire Regiment) is killed at age 26. His brother was killed in July of this year.