Today’s losses include:
- A man whose son will be killed in 1944 at Arnhem
- The son of a member of the clergy
- The grandson of a member of the clergy
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Major John Bedward Royle (South Wales Borderers) is killed at age 43. His son Major John Popplewell Royle will be killed as a glider pilot at Arnhem on 20th September 1944.
- Lieutenant Spencer John Meadows White (Norfolk Regiment attached Royal Flying Corps) is shot down and killed at age 27 with his observer Second Lieutenant Henry Matthews in Salonika. He is the son of the Reverend Lewis Meadows White Vicar of Potter Heigham and the grandson of the late Prebendar Borrett White of St Paul’s Cathedral.