Today’s losses include:
- A Professional cricketer
- A Professional footballer
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- A man who will have two brothers killed later in the Great War
- The nephew of a General
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Charles Lindsay Murray Scott (North Staffordshire Regiment attached Royal Flying Corps) is killed at age 24. He is the nephew of General ‘Sir’ Archibald Murray.
- Second Lieutenant Arthur Eric Townsend (Royal Flying Corps) is killed at age 21. His brother was killed in September 1916.
- Private Charles Clark (Northamptonshire Regiment) dies of wounds at a prisoner of war at age 28. His brother was killed in October 1916.
- Conductor Henry Bernard Stricker (South African Service Corps) dies on service at age 29 in Dodoma, German East Africa. He was a professional cricket player in the Transvaal from 1912-14.
- Private Fred Walker (West Yorkshire Regiment) is killed at age 27. He is the first of three brothers who are killed in the Great War.
- Rifleman Alexander Kay (Rifle Brigade) a professional footballer is killed in action.