Sunday 18 February 1917 – We Lost 471
Today’s losses include:
- The son of the Sheriff of Strathaden Troon Ayrshire
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Walter Thomas Patrick Spens (Royal Scots) is killed in action at age 36. He is the son of Sheriff Walter Spens of Strathaden Troon Ayrshire.
- Bombardier Frank Glaysher (Royal Field Artillery) dies of pneumonia on active service at age 22. His brother was killed in October of last year.
- Private Michael James Gallagher (Canterbury Regiment) is killed at age 39. His brother was killed last September.