Saturday 3 March 1917 – We Lost 416
Second Lieutenant Francis John Graham Leaditter (King’s Royal Rifle Corps) is killed at age 35. He is the husband of English violinist, pianist, singer and composer Teresa Del Riego. She will compose The Unknown Warrior after the Armistice.
H M Trawler Northumbria is sunk by a mine near May Island Firth of Forth suffering five casualties.
Today’s losses include:
- The husband of English violinist, pianist, singer and composer Teresa Del Riego
- A man whose brother will be killed in October 1918
- A member of the Surrey Constabulary
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Private Aubrey Gurl (Oxford and Bucks Light Infantry) is killed at age 21. His brother will be killed in October 1918.
- Drummer Frank James Joyce (Irish Guards) dies at home at age 30. He is a member of the Surrey Constabulary.