Sunday 1 April 1917 – We Lost 503
Murray receives 8 tanks in the only theater outside France to get tanks.
Today’s losses include:
- A family that will lose four sons in the Great War
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- A man whose son will be killed in June 1940
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Eric Francis Brown (Wiltshire Regiment) is killed at age 27. He is the first of four brothers who will lose their lives in the Great War.
- Private Reginald James Gent (Australian Infantry) is killed in action at age 22. His brother was killed in May 1915.
- Private A Vannet (Highland Light Infantry) is killed in action at age 20. His brother will be killed in July 1918.
- Private Frederick Henry Masham (Honourable Artillery Company) is killed. His son will be killed serving in the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve in June 1940.