Wednesday 4 April 1917 – We Lost 663
Today’s losses include:
- The son of a member of the clergy
- The son of a Jurist
- Multiple families that will lose two sons
- A Divinity student
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Francis Julian Bolster (Royal Garrison Artillery) is killed at age 20. He is the son of the Reverend R C Bolster.
- Second Lieutenant Charles Chalmers Jameson (Australian Infantry) is killed in action at age 21. He is the son of Judge Charles Jameson of the District Court in Brisbane.
- Private Charles Henry Barber (Sherwood Foresters) is killed in action at age 19 at Le Verguler. His brother will be killed in September 1918.
- Private Frederick Richard Wilkshire (King’s Royal Rifle Corps) is killed at age 20. His older brother was killed in April 1915.
- Private Thomas David McGregor White (Highland Light Infantry) a divinity student dies of wounds at age 28.
- Private David Knibbs (Wiltshire Regiment) is killed at age 23 on Salonika. His brother will be killed in October 1918.