Today’s losses include:
- Multiple families that will lose two sons in the Great War
- A West Vale footballer
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Second Lieutenant Charles Edward Barratt (Gloucestershire Regiment) dies of wounds at age 21. His brother will die of illness in January 1919.
- Private William Fairbank (West Yorkshire Regiment) is killed in action at age 21. He played football for the West Vale, AFC and had a brother killed at Coronel in November 1914.
- Fitter Leonard Boden Shipstone (Royal Field Artillery) is killed at age 21 just over one month before his older brother will be killed.
- Private Albert Henry Wren (East Surrey Regiment) dies at home at age 18. His brother died of wounds last October.