Friday 22 June 1917 – We Lost 433
Today’s losses include:
- Multiple sons of Justices of the Peace
- Multiple sons of Deputy Lieutenants
- The son of a KBE
- A family that will lose two son in the Great War
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Lieutenant Philip Musgrave Toulmin (Leicestershire Yeomanry) is killed in action at age 30. He is the son of Henry J Toulmin JP DL.
- Second Lieutenant Walter Dudley Scott Miller (Royal Fusiliers attached Royal Flying Corps) is accidentally killed at home at age 19. He is the son of Lieutenant Colonel Walter Scott Miller DL.
- Second Lieutenant John Arthur Perrot Whinney (Queen’s Own Oxfordshire Hussars) is killed at age 20. He is the son of ‘Sir’ Arthur Whinney KBE.
- Second Lieutenant William Leonard Posnett (London Regiment) is killed at age 26. He is the son of L W Posnett JP.
- Private Matthew Handley (Durham Light Infantry) is killed in action at age 27. His brother will be killed in May 1918.