Saturday 14 July 1917 We Lost 492
Today’s losses include:
- A holder of the Royal Humane Society’s Medal for life saving
- Grandson of a member of the clergy
- A man whose son was killed earlier this yeaer
- A man whose brother was killed on Gallipoli in 1915
Today’s highlighted casualties include:
- Captain Douglas Scrivenor Howard Keep (Bedfordshire Regiment) is killed at age 24. He is a holder of the Royal Humane Society’s Medal for life saving.
- Lieutenant Edward Vivian Morgan Crofton (Royal Engineers) is killed at age 28. He is the grandson of the Reverend Henry William Crofton.
- Sergeant Instructor Joseph Johnson (Royal Artillery) dies on service at age 55 in Malvern. His son was killed in May of this year.
- Private Charles Arthur Gibbs (Sussex Regiment) is killed at Arras at age 22. His brother was killed on Gallipoli in June 1915.